Thank You for an Awesome Year! Keep Serving the People!
To all our friends, allies and supporters,
- Raised awareness and organized community support for the fight against labor trafficking, particularly for the case of the Florida 15 workers 
- Raised awareness on the environmental situation in the Philippines; gathered hundreds of signatures in support of environmental protection in the Philippines and raised thousands of funds for relief effort back home during times of calamity (Typhoon Sendong, Typhoon Pablo) 
- Raised awareness and mobilized community to take a stand in defense of Civil Liberties and against the Cyber Crime Prevention Law in the Philippines
- Organized and participated in local grassroots relief work in New Jersey and New York after hurricane Sandy 
- Held community forums on Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) and Immigration Reform 
- Participated in the founding of Anakbayan-USA, a progressive national Filipino/Filipino-American youth movement in the United States 
We wouldn’t have accomplished all of these without you. We hope you continue to support our work through 2013 and beyond in serving our people. Again, salamat! Mabuhay and maligayang bagong taon! (Thank you! Long live and happy new year!)
With love and solidarity,
Anakbayan New York & New Jersey Family 🙂
1. Join the movement! Become a member of Anakbayan now. Email us at email@example.com
2. Make a donation ($5, $10, $25+ ) to Anakbayan by clicking here
3. Stay updated and spread the word about us through social network accounts (twitter, facebook: Anakbayan NJ, Anakbayan NY)
Some of the Media Coverage we got this year:
1. Filipino Youth and Community Take a Stand Against Labor Trafficking
2. “People Power is Road to Recovery for Sendong Survivors” Said Youth Group
3. Filipino Youth Group Mobilizes Community Support Post-Sandy
4. Filipino Youth and Students Hold Founding Congress of Anakbayan-USA
5. Community groups discuss Deferred Action in Jersey City
And in the spirit of the holiday season, we are asking for donations for relief efforts for Typhoon Pablo which hit the Philippines early December and has affected over 5 million people. All funds raised will go towards BALSA Mindanao, a network of churches, schools, and disaster response working to provide relief efforts to support typhoon victims. Funds can be sent online or by mail, through the National Alliance for Filipino Concerns (NAFCON). Click here for the full details:http://nafconusa.org/2012/12/nafcon-ramps-up-relief-efforts-to-support-typhoon-victims/
NAFCON has established cash and check collections centers throughout the U.S and will take donations via Paypal at http://tinyurl.com/nafconrelief3.
For mailed checks please make payable to “Tulong Sa Bayan” and send to 519 S. Spring St., Los Angeles, CA 90013.On memo please write: NAFCON Bayanihan Relief and your city of residence. Donations of $250 or more will be tax deductible. Please include return address with donations.
For more information on regional collection centers, fundraising and relief activities in your area please contact NAFCON regional coordinators nearest you or go to our website.
Northeast: Anne Corotan firstname.lastname@example.org (516) 901 – 1832
Midwest: Lorena Buni email@example.com (224) 678-1897
Norcal: Ryan Leano firstname.lastname@example.org (626) 534 – 4971
Socal: Alex Montances email@example.com (253) 381 – 7444
Local Monetary Drop/Send Sites All checks payable to “Tulong Sa Bayan”
Northeast: Philippine Forum: 40-21 69th St. Woodside, NY
Midwest: Good Shepherd Congregation: 4707 W. Pratt Ave Lincolnwood, Il 60712
Norcal: Filipino Community Center: 4681 Mission St. SF, Ca 94112
Socal: Tulong Sa Bayan 519 S. Spring St., LA, CA 90013