Justice for GIS Filipino Workers: A Report back from the fact finding mission in Louisiana
To rsvp, click here
Last February, delegates from various organizations around New York and New Jersey went to Louisiana as part of a national fact-finding mission to shed light on the horrific situation of Filipino migrant workers at the Grand Isle Shipyard.
This is part of the nation-wide campaign to seek justice for the Grand Isle Shipyard Filipino workers. Hear their stories and learn how you can help support our brave workers.
When: April 19 | 6:30pm-9pm
Where: CUNY Hunter | Room 619HW
*if you’re not a Hunter or CUNY student, please bring an ID.
For more information about the campaign visit:
– Pilipinos of Hunter (POH)
– Anakbayan (New York & New Jersey Chapter)
– Bagong Alyansang Makabayan – North East Region (BAYAN-USA)
– National Alliance for Filipino Concerns (NAFCON)
– Philippine Union of La Guardia Student Organization (PULSO)
– Coalition for the Revitalization of Asian American Studies at Hunter (CRAASH)
– Asian American Studies Program at Hunter College (AASP)
– if your organization wants to co-sponsor this event, please email us Yves Nibungco at email@example.com or at firstname.lastname@example.org